Thursday, November 01, 2007

Home again, home again

I had a great time at SAFF. It was wonderful to see Sandy, Caroline, Lynne, and Maryanne again. I missed seeing Blaine because unfortunately I had to leave earlier than I wanted to. On the bright side, I DID get to go if only for a while.
I picked up some great fiber. There was a cashmere blend I couldn't pass up. Some alpaca too, found its way to my side. I bought four beautiful dyed rovings from Maryanne, and picked up a natural dying book. I should be busy for a while.
The colors were spectacular and the mountain scenes were breath taking. I did get a picture of four of us. I will post it soon.
Oh, and I almost forgot. I am spinning some naturally dyed wool for a teacher at St. Andrews (the private school where I work) and the first ounce I spun, I got 183 yds from it. I just finished the second ounce and I got a whopping 198 yards! I am truly spinnin skinny now. I am almost afraid to try worsted weight what if I can't spin fat anymore?.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

it was great to see you, too... just not enough time!! i loved being at SAFF and seeing twisted friends!

Unknown said...

One of these days I'm going to get to see you all (well hopefully some of you) again. But in the meantime I thrive on your posts.
Just had to smile about you spinning skinny....I'm struggling to spin fat.
hugs,