Monday, March 19, 2007

Yarn, yarn, and more yarn




I am finished spinning the yarn for our dye exchange. The ones on top are Lynnes'. The bigger one is her lighter colored roving, spun back on itself. The other three are her dark one divided up into the red one, the blue one, and the rest of the roving spun back on itself. I decided to ply all of our yarns separately, so Sandys are all hers, mine are all mine etc. with noone elses fiber plied into them. Sandy and Lynne may mix and match so I wanted to be different.
The middle yarns are Sandys dye work. I again spun half of the roving back on itself and separated out two different colorways with the remaining half. On all three rovings.
Mine are on the bottom and I treated them the same, but you can tell that mine are not as pretty as the rest. I am going to work on hot pour until my colorways are much prettier.
Now I just have to decide what to knit with all of this bounty.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Pam, you don't give your yarns enough credit. I'll blog why soon...I'm working on it.

Sandy said...

i love how you divided up the colors for some of the yarns. and i especially love your very dark one and the orange-y one.

Blaine said...

Pam, I love your yarns ! I especially like the first and last skiens. This has been fun watching. Thank you for sharing...
Blaine